May 20, 2011

Post 18: Pup


So in a previous post I shared some photographs of my pup Blanquita and decided to use them in my foreshortening piece. Each portrait has a different feel and when I started I didn't even know it was going to end with this. I liked not knowing where it was going but in a sense experimenting with the different mediums and sticking to black and white. I think that if I were to do this piece over though I would have stuck to one piece and done it BIG with a lot of detail. I wanted this to be simplistic and, well it is! Also...it's a tribute to her.It's that whole bonding with another living being sort of deal.

2 comments:

  1. I love this peice.. I really like the color scheme and the way each puppy can be one peice or work to gether as one large peice.. kudos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dog!!! All of the different pictures really add to each other.

    ReplyDelete