October 10, 2011

Alter book pages





This is the first collage piece that I put in my alterbook. The theme for this page was "blinded." I took it rather literally and placed three figures in different environments and well, blinded them. With X's, then I placed a rather focal point in the center, (to the side a bit), the big red dot. I'm not sure if there is any meaning behind it, but I feel like it ties them all together.




Here we have the cover of my alterbook. With my theme of "Vogue" and fashion, I just threw it all on there. The meaning, a model and a jacket. Very simple subjects on both the front and back, in a achromatic color scheme. Something about this piece that is rather small is the dull hits of color. In the buttons of the jacket, the brain scan photos and the picture of the front of the paris cafe. They are dull, warm and to me ad a sense of personality. Its almost ironic, fashion is all about expression, and this piece...is black and white.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think of Milan. I really liked that you selected this for the school newspaper and I think that the bold color scheme (lack of all colors except red) is super neat and really adds to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. It's actually kind of entrancing to me haha, I just like the way you don't have faces on there, and the black/white/red color theme adds to the mysteriousness of it.. kudos!

    ReplyDelete