February 14, 2011

Post 7: Precisionism Class piece 1



So this piece I really like now it has the black and white monochromatic feel along with red that really pops and creates a form of balance amongst the piece. I really learned the lesson of balance in this because the perspective poses that draw of the eye yet... level with the over whelming white and red "out of place" color. Almost like I had taken the picture to begin with and black and whited the entire picture except for the red film. Also, it's rather abstract because you don't really know what it is. It is actually lights from the aditorium. They remind me at lights at the shows I go to. The ones that blink and such. I like this piece now. I didn't like the challenge of painting flat, but at least now I know how to do it.

Happy Valentines Day! I like sugar.

7 comments:

  1. FIRST!!!! I really love this piece. My eyes are immediatly drawn to the white light. I can see how much time and detail you put into the piece. You followed the precisionism format well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well everyone seemed to dislike the white light at the far right, I personally like it because it adds contrast and an unexpected factor into the art work. The small white at the bottom of the work though is a little distracting, where semi dark gray meets the dark gray and theres a bit of white that seems to not flow with the percision of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! It really does follow the precisionist form and looks like the real thing! I think you did a really good job on this piece as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that this painting has perspective. I also like the gradient around the light bulbs, especially the light in the middle because the shade of red gives the illusion that the light is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the gradients presented in this piece are really good. I like that you chose this to do a precisionism piece on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Had some trouble with the balance and such, didn't know yall liked the perspective of it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what this is, but i like it!
    i like the value of the red & black and the white & black.
    However if the bottom part of the objects are wood, i think you could have made it look a little more like wood.

    ReplyDelete