December 24, 2011

Photography

Ok so I have ventured into photography land. With the help of my friend ashley and her handy dandy camera we embarked on a rather new adventure with my other friend leslie as our model. We kept it simple and safe for our first shoot, and I focused on portraits for possible mock ads and to try out Rembrandt lighting (attempt.) I threw in my fashion-y stuff and set her in different clothes and such.

I took about 250 photos over the entire shoot.

I was able to learn a lot about lighting after looking at the photos on my computer vs just the camera. It was a real challenge to move my sucky lamps around to try and really achieve what I wanted.

So here I have linked two different albums of pictures...one is photos that I went a picked out from all my albums from basically the last year that I felt were alright...and then from my shoot today with Leslie.

Things I need to work on is editing these correctly, some that are too red, dark etc. And also in general would be subject matter. I know I played it safe like I said with these portraits but I really want to get outside the box and come up with some settings to throw some people in!

Past photos: http://imgur.com/a/fM137/all

Leslie photos!: http://imgur.com/a/2iH8U/all

let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Very impressed with your process. You are incorporating some very formal skills into your work. Nice work with the lighting and locating a willing model. Though these are great, using a black background would probably make it easier to get that desired triangle under the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. I missed that thought completely. Thank you though! I will see if I can try that out!

    ReplyDelete