January 27, 2011

Post 4: Brainstorming...

Sometimes I get ideas of something I want to represent in a piece, or for the situation at hand...the assignment of the piece. Basically what we are doing now is precisionism and mechanical related objects. Straight lines, flat colors yadda yadda.

Not going to lie here, this is not my favorite subject. I like the idea of making it more of an abstract piece and cutting and such, I just don't see any substance in it. Personally, to relate this to my theme (that is in the works...) It seems a bit difficult to interpret to the uninformed viewer, hopefully there will be a discussion period.

Anyways, back to the brainstorming. I get maybe a certain word, in this case for the altered book submission I have been contemplating on MECHANICAL. What does the word mechanical physically look like. What do people think of then they hear the word mechanical. My first thought is gears, like in a clock and such. But that has to be to easy...I have over time collected pieces of random parts or buttons, springs, pins and KEY'S.

So with that, I think that what I am going to do with my altered book is connect the two keys together as if they are 'gears.'
In this way it will metaphorically relate back to my theme...and hopefully qualify as "mechanical parts with one dominating shape."
Am I the only one that feels like these altered books have to be super abstract or do I have the wrong impression here?
Either way I'm going to do what I want.
My brain hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive reflection of the creative process. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete