January 22, 2011

Post 1









So this is that last piece that I did on my own over winter break. I started out with that sketch,(sorry for bad quality photo) and basically replicated the sketch the best I could with broken CD pieces. I had friends bring me old CD's and blank ones for me to use and it worked out really well!
What I really like about the skull has to be its form. I don't think I have the right words to describe why I like the human body and its shape so much, it has always been interesting to me! So I got this idea of creating a collage type piece I could metaphorically represent "Music on my mind" or "Lyrics suck in my head."
Also what I really liked about working with broken CD is the reflection it gives off, it's not just like a mirror image you get to see little rainbows in each piece giving a originally monochrome image, color! Almost like it is holding its own secret...

I really want to do more pieces around the idea of the human body. I loved using the broken CD's and attempting to come up with more odd medium as such.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting piece. The composition is great I don't think you could make that piece more interesting than it already is. It catches the eye of the viewer and keeps them interesting for the short attention span we all have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brant, and Charlotte... I didn't even think of that.Yet something I was trying to focus on was 'simplicity'

    ReplyDelete