March 26, 2011

Post 15: New





I have a done a lot of remodeling around here! I have changed my layout and have finally had the time to put together my portfolio. If you look right under my blog title, now Ruby, you see a page tab where you have all the pieces I have photographed so far. It is rather informal and not organized at all. At a later date with more time I will most definitely organize it to add dimensions and maybe actually tittle my pieces.

I also noticed that I have two really, oh how do I say this, different...styles?
I have a lot of black and white pieces, and then I have really dramatic, flowing, colorful pieces!
Does anyone have anything to maybe suggest on what is going on here or am I just seeing things.

This also makes me think of what possible style I have in general. I don't think I have found it yet. I am just doing what feels right.
Maybe that is a style in itself.

3 comments:

  1. I also noticed that a lot of your black and white compositions are of either people or objects, and then the ones that have color are landscapey? and have flowers. Your theme is emotion right? so I guess you feel "black and white" about people? do your color choices have a significance to your work or are you just making what you see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Copko, and not only that but think about colors as emotions. The white and black being the extreme happiness and sadness. While the colors represent the emotions between that. Or you could also see black and white as this theme of right and wrong. I personally love white and black because I feel it goes back to the basics and really shows the fundamental concepts of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santiago I think that is really why I love black and white, the like birth of all art pieces. I think that I unintentionally do that with my color choices, happy stuff has color and the "sad" stuff does not. I think they are two sides of the art I do on my own.

    ReplyDelete