March 3, 2011

Post 10: Video Medium

I am so sad that I won't be able to meet this man,Anthony Schrag. Does anyone remember me saying in class the other day the action of hitting yourself (On a table or corner) and responding with an "ow" after hearing a thump?

I have a feeling that he would understand. If you go to his website under "Me doing stuff" and then "The Suddenlys" and watch them, I feel like those pieces and my concept almost coincide with each other.

Also check out the rest of his website...they are short little explanations of things he has done with a maybe 1-2 min video. He really has somewhat inspired me to do try a different medium...video. Capturing the real life moment; short, sweet and to the point.

Also Michael Beitz, a current in studio artist at McColl center has this installment on his site, its the frame of the home...moving with a bicycle pedal. ...http://www.michaelbeitz.com/index.php?page=4

He doesn't have the video online but in the gallery it loops, and well...
Who has a video camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment