August 20, 2012

Class is in t-minus 10 hours

Ok so I got a handy iPhone so that means on the go current content! Woo for documentation! So at 8 am I have my first meeting for my drawing 101 class. When was the last time I drew something?

With that being said I'm thinking I'll grab some pencils and my sketch book and just... Go to class.

The past couple days with welcome week and meeting tons and tons of people have been both hard on me yet so rewarding. I've realized so many positive and negative things about me.

Positive:
-I know everyone and everywhere in Rock Hill
- I am like ridiculously friendly
- everyone at winthrop wants to be there and learn, it's motivating
- most art kids don't know what they want to do, like myself... In terms of medium to concentrate in.

Negative:
- I find myself being very worried on what other ART Kids will think of me... As for other majors not so much.
- I realized that this whole college thing is like another world, people may not like me here
- commuting to school vs. staying on campus is almost more stressful than moving into and living in a dorm.
- I don't know when and what to eat
- walking around campus is a WORKOUT ( I'm so glad I didn't got I USC)

These are just some of really big things that I've noticed of the past couple days. On Sunday was so stretched thin by being leader and events and winthrop and not a good nights sleep and great goodness I had a meeting with my small group that afternoon. They were able to help me see through the rough patch in only the couple days that I had experienced.

Knowing that Jesus is with me through all if this is... Is making this experience to me in such a new light winthrop is like the battle ground an knowing that I can walk onto this campus being a light, not just through my word but my actions as well.

"An audience of one" is what I will live this semester by. Knowing that in everything I do should be in his name and what others think of me and my insecurities should hinder me from doing the best I can this semester. I'm going to get straight A's.


** pic if me is at convocation today! With some elevation balloons :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment