July 29, 2012

Kids and My Major


I met these two little precious girls the other night, actually they are the daughters of my moms friend who is a spanish professor at Winthrop! Anyways they were precious and they kind of just glued to me when I was there. We hung out for like 3 hours, I felt like a kid with them and didn't spend any time with the adults. One of the ladies that was there asked me if I was going to be a teacher one day, and well that is the plan. She said she wasn't surprised! Wow! Maybe I really am supposed to work with kids, my plans has always been to work with high school or university one day but this makes me wonder if I should keep the option open of teaching younger.... I guess we will see!

Also would like to mention a recent realization I have had about my major and everything at Winthrop. Turns out I have been confused all along... so basically for the next 4 years I will be getting my BFA and near the end of it I will start taking classes in the education field. THEN the 5th year summer, and year (3 semesters total) I will be getting my teaching certification AND my masters! How fabulous is that!!!!!!! I'M JUST AN ART KID. I CAN FOCUS ON ART. ARTY art.

No comments:

Post a Comment