March 18, 2012

Concentration 2





So I tried to test out colors and design in this pieces vs. concentration 1. I went with a cold color scheme, and use the organic circles as my design vs the straight lines and such in the other. I did this on bristol board, and itll be the only one that is not on some sort of wood, and really it taught me the effect that the wood gives is crutial to the type of look I am really looking for. the wood just does something to the colors, even with the guesso down it really harmonizes everything. I love working on wood. its not heavy , no bending , just stable. It helps so much in using watercolor, something that usually warps!

I also had no intentions of adding the "cross hairs" but the cool composition needed some direction so I broke it up with a warm line, in orange. I feel like anyone can do this piece, it did its job in showing me the opposite of concentration 1 but I didnt get anything out of it.

1 comment:

  1. this one to me stands out the most because of the brighter colors you chose for it. i just think the bright green makes it stand out from the rest.

    ReplyDelete