March 26, 2012

Concentration 6

Well
Well I guess this is my half way point in my concentration. I am hoping that I only move forward from here. Here I moved back to my dark lines and incorporated 1 organic shape. This reminds me of a disco ball, but almost as if its floating. I may leave this piece as is but if I decide to revisit some things...this will be it. I learned in this piece to use white to my advantage and will be using that for sure in my next one! hummm At this point I have about 4 weeks or so to get the rest of this concentration done. I feel myself moving at a pretty nice pace but id like to have some wiggle room. I am also worried that spring break is going to put me behind, I wish I wasn't going to be at the beach and working all break so I could get some stuff done... Maybe after work ill dedicate myself to maybe get 2 pieces done, or at least one. I think that is a pretty nice goal. I find myself having trouble looking for inspiration for my lines in my pieces...I also re-reviewed Jacob Van Loons progress videos and he used a mechanical pencil for his lines...I have been using a very thick graphite pencil. I feel like in this next piece I need a ton of royal blue and these thin lines and white and something with a summer feel. I just have no idea what. I am feeling triangles.

1 comment:

  1. This one is probably my favorite one youve done. I love your color choices and the lines. The way you aranged the lies behind the circle looks great

    ReplyDelete