March 18, 2012

Concentration 4











Alright, this brought on a challenge! First this piece was inspired my a tu-tu. I have no idea why, but it is. I call those things, planks and it has turned into a astronomical design. I had a seafoam green and coral background in the beginning of this piece and I was lost on where to go for colors. I ended up almost ruining the piece all together when I covered it in guesso and basically started over.I then attempted to rub the guesso off...creating this weird streak affect with the graphite that you can still see. I decided that the background had to be dark to help the perspective of the design really stand out. So I started with that the the gray water color mixed with the not dry guesso and did that weird effect thing when I was trying to dry it and my hands got in it and I dont know it worked. Then I just went along with the warm planks I had already painted and used purple as my color of inspiration. When I finished the planks it was missing contrast so I did my usual final touch of splatter and mixing with white and ended up adding that one shape of white as if almost the design was coming out of it. And last but not least I added almost a gradient of shadow of white to all the planks that really just put the final touch on the entire thing really making sure everything harmonized. I finished it off with the spider web frame of misc. lines and well, after 2 days of back and forth I think that this piece actually made it out alive! Success ...................

2 comments:

  1. The image/design is amazing I'm glad that it came out great.I enjoyed watching you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was my favorite to watch you work on, i really like the colors you choose in the end.

    ReplyDelete