March 18, 2012

Concentration 3



I wish I had a photo of my original design for this piece to show the development of how these designs go when first being formulated in my mind. The colors in this piece, the tranquility and energy I think I created ...its there. This piece is on thicker wood that posed question to weight of my portfolio and if using wood is safe and won't break/split when being sent to AP for quality pieces, but it has no deemed it self a problem. I also didnt have that much design in this, compared to concentration 1 this has no lines in it at all and I found myself struggling to find different blues and browns for each portion. I need to add more detail in my design for future pieces.

Also in this piece, for lack of detail I decided to have the main subject of the design almost sit in this spider web, a frame almost of misc. lines. I feel like they hold everything together, but I do not want to rely on them for all my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment